Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Heavy Heart... BLAH

So yesterday Abbie came home and told me when she was going to the bathroom a girl in her class who is kinda a jerk shoved the bathroom door open on purpose and it hit her in the head. And it left a mark. I asked her what she did and she said... I kinda started to cry a bit. I stayed in the bathroom and gathered myself and then I went to PE. I said. Did you say anything.. she said NO. I asked if this was the first time she had done that and she said no, and that she has done this to other girls too. SOOO we talked a lot about it yesterday. How to handle the situation if it happened again, What she is ALLOWED to do when/if it does happen again. She was confident in her plan, and felt better armed for battle if it happened again. I asked her if she wanted me to call her teacher, she said NO.... BUT I did call this morning because although she felt confident in her plan I wanted to have documentation that this has been a problem so if it did get bigger there was a little background on it... SO it went... The little girl actually received a referral. And now onto the backlash of that!!!! But she is makes me proud but MAN... IT BREAKS MY HEART to see her struggling it through and figuring this out with mean girls.

AND THEN... Lola had a Doctors Appointment today and the Doctor freaked out on her weight! He told me that she needed to go on a diet. And wanted to me to make a list of her food items she eats. because "OBVIOUSLY" she needs to cut back! BLAH!!! She is in the 90th percentile for weight and height!!! she big... but all my kids have been this way!!! It just hit my nerve in a BAD WAY.... I struggled with my weight my WHOLE LIFE... and STILL DO... but NOT going there with my 3 year old!!! THANK YOU..
So I said.. "Well I appreciate your concern, if my daughter is Obese in 10 years I will allow you the right to say... " I told you so" but until then I will disregard your comments cause I think they are dumb and lame."

So kinda a rough day...


0 comments:

Post a Comment