OK! Seriously it is!!! What is up with that! SO I am finding myself so freakin frustrated with trying to save money!!! BUT HOW THE HECK DO YOU SAVE MONEY WHEN YOU DON'T HAVE ENOUGH!!! (Well we do have enough I guess..) When we get a little extra OH!!! $50 on a oil change and car repairs.. stil haven't got that crack in my dang car fixed yet... Christmas is coming up.. BLAH BLAH BLAH!!! I mean.. I guess it is one step at a time! I have given up my "coffee trips" YES! MIRACLES DO STILL EXIST! I actually found this really good Pumpkin Spice coffee that you just grind yourself at the store and mix it in with some Vanilla creamer and waaaalllaaaaaaaaaaaa Pumpkin Spice Latte! for the price of a day and a half I get it from a week and half! :) Anyways.. I am trying trying so hard! No more little trips to the $1 Store or quick in's to the fast food.. (which is better for everyone anyways) So I went to Value Village today to look for Costumes for the kids for Halloween. And found ALL 4 of them outfits and it cost me $24 bucks.. which I thought was good for 4 outfits. Then I went to a store where I consign the kids clothes and I had $15 dollars waiting for me.. so really it was a $9 exchange! I thought that was pretty good. Anyhow. It does get so frustrating. I think I get more frustrated with myself and my habits and trying to change them! And it seems when I do it's good but them a BILL COMES!!!! (CURSE THEM) Oh well keep on truckin I guess.. I know God is also working on my heart on this too.. JUST THIS MORNING He pointed out MULTIPLE verses in my reading... (OK I GET IT.. THANKS!!!) Proverbs 14:23 "All hard work brings a profit but mere talk leads to poverty" You can say you want to save all you want... but it definetly takes HARD WORK!!!!
Keep on truckin peeps!
4 comments:
I've been thinking about this a lot, too, Kelsey and I had a realization that just made my heart feel so much lighter. I'll share it with you: So, remember when the Israelites were wandering in the desert and God provided manna for them? He told them to just take what they needed for the day (and on the Sabbath they took enough for just that day, too) but NO MORE than that. If anyone took extra it was all maggotty anyway, the next day. They really had to rely on God to provide JUST ENOUGH for them. Not less, not more. Just enough. I find that happening in my life so often. When we are short money, God provides...a gift card from a friend, someone has made too much dinner and invites over, or we find a forgotten $20 in a coat pocket. God provides. And then in those times when we have excess...THAT'S when the car fails, or the computer crashes, or someone loses their favorite pair of school shoes. And that money that sitting there is suddenly spent...but still...God provided it! It's so hard to not want the grand plans we have for the "extra" money. I struggle with that every day. But when I think about the manna, I'm starting to just be happy with ENOUGH. He meets our needs...and that's enough. Anyway, I hope you are encouraged by that as much as I have been!
I know the feeling and you know I do! Praying for you guys! A friend of mines husband once said he thought she was saving him so much money it was putting them in the poor house. Sucks to be saving so much money by bargain shopping but all it does is cost more money. You are great at all the frugal things, if you come up with any more please share!
I feel your pain. I thought maybe we'd finally have a teensy bit extra this month, but then that surprise expense arrived. But, by the grace of God, we make it through each month, and when those extra needs arrive, they somehow manage to get met too. Times are rough, but I thank God that he never seems to run out of miracles! :)
hahaha...In response to Heather's comment...I recognize that someone's husband! Muah is such a bargain shopper that i bargain us right into debt. Im getting better now but boy is it hard. Yesterday i spent about 15 minutes debating on getting a jacket ( i do need one) but the reason I was debating was that it was 50% off and the one I really liked was 10 dollars more at reg price, but this one was a more expensive jacket and it was half off! Eventually i didn't get anything. But my heart was sure racing with the thought of such a bargain. And then i tried on shoes that were 35% off..shoes I absolutely DONT need...but i actually debated because...they were 35% off. Then today I watched Hoarder's and the lady was ticking off every day she didn't go shopping and I recognized me in that. I think I am a shopaholic.
Anyway...not that that comment has much to do with your above comment but even though our situations are a little different I do know what you mean. Now that we are budgeting and trying to live on cash we do get down to that skinny amount in our accounts...and then something like a rock hits our windshield, the windshield we already replaced in january because of another rock...while on an anniversary trip where we tried to barely spend any money and did free and cheap activities (hiking and exploring)...and now we have another 250 dollar deductible to fix it. Honestly! =0)
Post a Comment