I also made an little illustration to go along with her blog comment (cause I know Jeana likes illustrations) BIG HUGS JEANA!!!! :)

COMMENT FROM JEANA:
I've been thinking about this a lot, too, Kelsey and I had a realization that just made my heart feel so much lighter. I'll share it with you: So, remember when the Israelites were wandering in the desert and God provided manna for them? He told them to just take what they needed for the day (and on the Sabbath they took enough for just that day, too) but NO MORE than that. If anyone took extra it was all maggotty anyway, the next day. They really had to rely on God to provide JUST ENOUGH for them. Not less, not more. Just enough. I find that happening in my life so often. When we are short money, God provides...a gift card from a friend, someone has made too much dinner and invites over, or we find a forgotten $20 in a coat pocket. God provides. And then in those times when we have excess...THAT'S when the car fails, or the computer crashes, or someone loses their favorite pair of school shoes. And that money that sitting there is suddenly spent...but still...God provided it! It's so hard to not want the grand plans we have for the "extra" money. I struggle with that every day. But when I think about the manna, I'm starting to just be happy with ENOUGH. He meets our needs...and that's enough. Anyway, I hope you are encouraged by that as much as I have been!
Peace out Peeps!!! :)
And my God will meet all your needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus.
Philippians 4:19



2 comments:
Great comment by Jenna. What a wonderful reminder.
Another thought - Think about the times you have more than enough. Does any of that go back to God? I struggle with that. My extra goes towards coffee or a Target run. Why don't I tithe extra and praise God with it. And the times I have more than enough, I feel like I drift a little farther from God. We totally rely on Him to provide for us. But that's mostly true when we are struggling. We turn to God and ask for his grace, for Him to provide. But when we have extra? It doesn't feel like we are relying on Him. "Ok God, we're good. We have extra. Don't need you this month." So maybe he is keeping you close to him during these times.
Just my 2 cents. I'll bill you later.
Love you!
Geez, make me feel all famous, why don't you! Love the illustration! And the best part is, it's not just a chance of manna...the manna will DEFINITELY be there :)
Post a Comment