Thursday, October 22, 2009

Day ONE!


Okay well here we are at the end of day ONE! And yep! Abbie cried and so did I! I knew that this was going to be rough ride! A BIG BIG adjustment! I wish I could say.. IT WAS AWESOME.. the best decision ever!!! Well not so much... Just continue to take one day at a time! I was reminded today when I was in Amsterdam, I was told that our outreach was going to be sent to India.. and I WAS FREAKED OUT!!! TOTALLY DID NOT WANT TO GO TO INDIA!!! (of all places!!!) But turned out it was the most awesome experience I had abroad!

I read this today in a book called "My Utmost for His Highest" by Oswald Chambers
This pretty much sums up what I have been learning through this whole ordeal!

"The Lord does not give me rules, but He makes His standard very clear. If my relationship to Him is that of love, I will do what He says without hesitation. If I hesitate, it is because I love someone I have placed in competition with Him, namely, myself. Jesus Christ will not force me to obey Him, but I must. And as soon as I obey Him, I fulfill my spiritual destiny. My personal life may be crowded with small, petty happenings, altogether insignificant. But if I obey Jesus Christ in the seemingly random circumstances of life, they become pinholes through which I see the face of God. Then, when I stand face to face with God, I will discover that through my obedience thousands were blessed. When God’s redemption brings a human soul to the point of obedience, it always produces. If I obey Jesus Christ, the redemption of God will flow through me to the lives of others, because behind the deed of obedience is the reality of Almighty God."

THE ONE WHO CALLS IS FAITHFUL, AND HE WILL DO IT -1 Thessalonians 5:24-


Thanks my PEEPS for the prayers!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way to go with the whole blog thing and home school! I enjoy blogging...our family adventures can be found at http//carlsonsonthemove.wordpress.com

Unknown said...

Wow, praise the Lord you are willing to follow Him.

Anonymous said...

Your little area looks very educational! We are praying for you guys!

Post a Comment