Thursday, November 4, 2010

Kids have problems too

Ok so last night at AWANA I was decided to start a Prayer time in our little small group well our small group is 12 but whatever~ So we started around.. some were about their dog,goats or chickens... cause they were sick. One had a prayer request for her grandpa who was in the hospital cause he couldn't breathe good. Then all the sudden one of the quietest girls in or group says. I would like prayer for my family and that I would stop crying all the time cause my parents are getting a divorce. Then the girl next to her said. Can you pray for our family cause my mom is going to jail for pushing my brother and I off a bridge and my brother died and I really miss him. (um.. I really tried to compose my self..... but my eyes did start tearing up as she unfolded the story.) Most of the girls in my group knew the story so everyone just fell kinds silent as we prayed (which doesn't really happen with a group of 12 3rd grade girls) So it was not the "expected" pray for my dog,goat, chicken night.. But it was cool to have all the girls come around and pray for each other! And also being able to teach them that there are no magic words to prayer.



5 comments:

Jeana said...

So heartbreaking! Praise the Lord that he has called you to love on these girls and teach them how to turn to him with simple words.

The Radiant Little Tulip said...

Oh my....I'll be praying for you on Wednesdays....and these girls.

Angelina said...

Is that the mom in portland who threw her kids off a bridge into the willamette river? Wow! Tough stuff.

Mrs. Kinney said...

It's really great they have you for a leader :). You will be a wonderful blessing in their lives. I'll pray for them all.

The Isaacson Fam said...

Thanks girls. And Ang, yes that is her.

Post a Comment