Being that we moved so much we never lived near my mom's mom, my Grandma Clark. We would visit her in California about once a year. And for those couple of years we were back in Cali. we were there for Christmas and Thanksgiving. But I don't remember being there a lot. It wasn't until I had Abbie that I started getting to "know" my Grandma. My Grandpa had passed away shortly before Jon and I got married. And as WE ALL know.. I got preggers right after that.. So Abbie came along pretty quick. I had such a great relationship with my Grandma Howery and that relationship was so important to me. I wanted to have that same thing for my kids that I had. Being around grandparents but even cooler a GREAT GRANDMA. My Grandma Clark was and is the only Grandparent I had at that time. So I lived in Ventura, CA and my Grandma lived in Long Beach so it was about a 2hr drive.. on a good day! :) (gotta love the LA traffic) So I would try to come out about 2 times a month. We both had Disneyland Passes so that is mostly what we did. We had some special times out at the Resort where just "us girls" went (US meaning my grandma, me and Abbie) and of course do some shopping. I didn't have these kinds of times with my Grandma growing up so I was so blessed to have those times with her as an adult and with Abbie!
My Grandma moved last month into a Retirement Center. (Not one like my Grandma Howery's) like a College dorm for OLD PEOPLE!!! LOL! Anyways, after 60 years of being in that house in Lakewood,CA she made the move! I haven't been there yet but I am looking forward to be able to visit. But she seems to be having a great time at her new house. Involved with KICKBALL and everything (LOL)
Last night my parents got in from being in California for almost a month!!! I was so glad they are BACK!! But they brought alot of stuff cause my grandma had to downsize in a MAJOR WAY!! She brought alot of pictures.. alot of photo books that I had made for her along the years that I totally forgot about. I bought my Grandma some "golden mickey ears" on one of our special trips to Disneyland. That I had personalized for her and Abbie, and hers says "G.G" Talk about a flood of memories.. So I was looking through all of these treasures that she stored and kept CRYING MY EYES OUT!! And I am just one of 7 grand kids and 10 great grand kids. All these "treasures"
I am so thankful for her! :) And I can't wait to go see her new bachelorette pad! :)



2 comments:
Keep treasuring Grandma times!
Nothing like a wonderful Grandma!!
Grandma is doing awesome at her new place!!! She's like a changed woman, so happy!!
Post a Comment