Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Ahh.. Gotta love the good old christian radio

Ok.. thanks to good old CHRISTIAN RADIO...got to talk to my daughter this morning about LIFE LESSONS!!! (uggg.. I think I should just stick to the good ol' wife beating Emeimen!!)
So on the way to school today we were listening to the Christian radio station and they had a "news" share or whatever they call it. Anyways. The news was "The Baptist pastor is still undecided if he will be burning hundreds of korans over the 9/11 weekend as advised from celebrities, the white house and other pastors, he is still undecided if he will go through with it" Like really!!! this is in the news.. well apparently it is.. DUMB PEEPS!! Okay anyways... aside from what I think.. So Abbie said. "Mom why does he want to burn the koran?" So HERE WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
So I explained to her 1st what the Koran is.. and along with that she asked what is Muslim... So then I talked to her about Muslims... .then that went into why does he want to burn?...... then we went into 9/11 and what some of the Muslim peeps believe and most of the people who are muslim are not "BAD" people. They don't believe in God but that doesn't mean we can treat them just as "some" of them treated us. Then went on to explain that the 9/11 9th anniversary is coming up and people are remembering the people that died when the airplanes hit the towers and the other spots they hit that day. And some people blame the "muslims" for what happened, so I again re-enforced to her that is not okay. People are all different and as you grow up you will find people believe alot of different and sometimes weird things. Not everyone is like "US" and that is why it is important to know what you believe, why you believe it and stay true to who you are. And just because people around the world believe, think,dress and act different that you doesn't mean you have the right to treat them badly.

So I would like to also take this moment to thank the CHRISTIAN RADIO STATION for pointing this out!!! (I mean seriously???!!!!)
gotta love it!!! :) But I will say it was a good chat for us on the way to school. So no matter how dumb I think this guy is at least it was an opportunity for me to talk to Ab about this.



0 comments:

Post a Comment