Monday, September 20, 2010

Even what we don't have is enough

So... just FYI- This blog may not be "THEOLOGICALLY CORRECT" but it is just my thought that I am processing... and HEY IT'S MY BLOG!

So... I was in church yesterday and the worship leader was talking about every "good thing we have comes from God and every good time comes from God" Which I TOTALLY 100% believe! BUT then I was sitting there thinking.. BUT all the things we don't have and bad things comes from God too...RIGHT?? I guess I was sitting there thinking.. hmmm every good thing....(selfishly, and I AM SURE I AM THE ONLY ONE WHO HAS EVER EVER THOUGHT THIS...) Well it could be BETTER....IF.............. :) But then I was having this inner conversation with myself during the service thinking back to the "good times, ok times, bad times and the ROCK BOTTOM times... and thinking how every one of those "times" and "things" haven't always been good. Sometimes I would sit back and think "God are you totally serious right now?" This situation is just not okay! I remember one time I was in Florida at a Bible School, I called my Dad and BEGGED, PLEADED and tried to BARGAIN a plane ticket home, even a train ticket or I would even take a 20 day BUS RIDE HOME! Just please get me home! I was in misery!!! It was the "WORST of times" and "NOTHING GOOD" was coming out of it. And as I explained to my dad these people are crazy!!! blah blah blah... My dad did not budge. He would not let me leave, he made me stay to finish it out. To this day this memory is so vivid, of how alone I was, and I had no one to rescue me. If you ask my Dad to this day he said it was one of the hardest things for him to do as a parent ever! And as I look back on this MOST MISERABLE time in my life that I thought could NOT in NO way be from God, turns out to be the BEST of times for me. This was a defining moment in my life when my dad left me 3000 miles away from home and made me grow up! So seeing how Jesus puts these puzzle pieces together, In my mind thinking this is just NOT OF GOD but once through it all seeing that the BAD TIMES = GOOD TIMES... AND YES IT IS TRUE... "EVERY GOOD AND PERFECT GIFT COMES FROM HIM"

Another time I was thinking of when we were having a hard time last year I was at my friends Heathers house, and I was having a hard day... And I just looked at Heather and I said..." I get it... I really do.. but I just don't get why God can't just fix it right now?" as I am breaking down. This was not a "good time" but then to see how God pulls us through the "impossible" even when we have little faith left in anything!

So I guess as I am processing this thought through. The "good" = the bad and the "bad = the good. I am seeing that everything God does is for "good" doesn't make sense all the time, and I guess that is where your faith has to be PUT 100% in God knowing that HE carries the puzzle pieces of your life putting the corners together first and filling the rest in as we walk along side of HIM.. TRUSTING and BELIEVING THAT THE GOD WHO CALLED US IS FAITHFUL AND HE WILL DO IT!!!"

I am sure this may be "CHRISTIANITY 101. But it just hit me a weird way yesterday. Still processing this.. so I hope it makes a little sense!!! :)
Peace out Peeps!!!!



2 comments:

Jeana said...

If there was a "Like" button on this post I would click it. :)

. said...

Got this bible verse today:
"Dear friends, do not be surprised at the painful trial you are suffering,
as though something strange were happening to you.
But rejoice that you participate in the sufferings of Christ,
so that you may be overjoyed when his glory is revealed."
1 Peter 4:12-13

Just made me think of it again as I read your blog. It may not completely tie in, but it's a good reminder. We suffer and are put through painful trials. Nothing like what Jesus had to go through of course. But through our sufferings, glory is revealed. Through your hard times last year and away at college, glory will be revealed. Love you.

Post a Comment