Saturday, January 30, 2010

Changes

Hey Peeps.. I had this in my "drafts" but I guess I never posted it.. SO this is from about 2 weeks ago.


Sooooooooooooo.. something I have been chewing on for quite some time.. is CHANGES... We are all aware of changes.. HAPPENS EVERYDAY.. if we like it or not! THINGS CHANGE.. Circumstance, Children, Other Family, Friends, Jobs, cars and houses.. EVERYTHING CHANGES.. It is been kinda hard for the last couple of weeks. as I have had some changes in my relationships. How things change and how they can change QUICKLY! I have been doing a bible study n thursdays at church that talks about Priorities... And let me tell you..Talk about life CHANGES...
Priorities
#1 To God
#2 To your Husband
#3 To Your Children
#4 To you home
#5 To your other family
#6 To your friends.

About a month ago.. My sister, Mom and Dad watched the kids for 5 days! YES I was kidless for 5 day! Anyways.. I actually had time to THINK!! (that was not so good!)
Anyways. I realized that I had 4 kids! Yes, I am a little slow.. But really i have had 3 kids in the last 3 years.. And I haven't really had much time to think about doing anything else.. So when I am not pregnant, birthing kids or getting use to a infant schedule. They all sleep through the night. No more bottles.. I can get up and go a little more.. .I think I have been living still as if I only had 1 baby! Trying to keep up that schedule, be involved in SO much! That I kinda had an Ahh Ha moment if you will. My kids were suffering, Jon was and SO WAS I! I was ALWAYS SOOO tired! So i started dropping things.. like school committees, activities, events, church stuff, and other stuff that was keeping the kids from being #3! One thing that I didn't expect was the backlash of it.. "we are disappearing" is the common phrase both Jon and I hear ALMOST daily! Which is kinda disappointing to both of us. And this coming from the peeps.. who I thought would get the priority thing. But I guess everyone has the wrong way and the right way.. or the spiritual and the NOT spiritual way to do. So, I guess I will conclude my soap box by saying. I really appreciate the peeps who get it.. and I am thankful for the lessons on Priorities and as my Dad says.. "It is all about HIM..not about US and everything we do is Kingdom work"

1 comments:

Gullett Circus said...

How oh how did I miss this post until today, I love it! You have talked it about it so much! We love you guys no matter how screwed up your priorities are! LOL

Post a Comment