Sunday, July 3, 2011

Be Blessed.

This weekend as we have been moving.. in like 24 HOURS!!! I have come upon alot of crap and throwing them into boxes and just trying to get it all packed up!!! Well... Thursday as I was frantically packing boxes I came across Jon's name badge from Big-5. I threw it in the trash as I was quickly going along...then I stopped and it hit me!! So I grabbed the Big -5 name badge back out of the trash and I got all teary eyed.. Just thinking back NOT SO LONG AGO!!! When things for us were in the world's eye... ROCK BOTTOM! Jon was working 3 minimum wage jobs trying to keep us a float and just not making it... Not even CLOSE!!!!

We had friends pulling for us with support in EVERY direction it was really overwhelming. We had never been in this kind of position before and we are pretty private people so we didn't announce to the world or really even close peeps for that matter how dramatic of a turn our lives had taken.

SO back to my Big-5 name tag. I would like to take this moment to share with you our friends/opposite side of the cul-de-sac neighbors.. Ross and Krissy. Krissy was my SECOND friend that I meet in my time in A- Town. And she was a blessing to me for shizzle. They totally hooked Jon up with a job there for the time.. It was one of those blessings that you have no idea what it meant to our family. THANK YOU!

So I was telling Jon about my little thought about the name tag when I saw it. I said it is such a great reminder of where we have been and what that time was like. It was like i said to worldly standards ROCK BOTTOM... But it was the closest my little family has ever been. It was such a blessing to us..even though yes, I did cry almost every day and I really did...I wouldn't have changed that "season" for anything! Jon also chimed in and said he had the same thoughts that why he hadn't thrown it away! So we found a perfect place to display Jon's name tag. It will forever be on WALL OF FAME!!!

SO the other day I was listening to the radio and this song came on. It is by Laura Story and it is called Blessing. And WOW!!! Did is speak to solidify everything I had just been thinking about on Thursday.
So check it out...Reflect on the Lyrics and BE BLESSED!!!





0 comments:

Post a Comment