Okay SO I started a bible study for the summer.. thinking what the heck!!! I will give it a try… I have had a hard time trying to find a bible study that actually have “normal” people in it. And take “normal” as crazy!!! After my little struggle with bible studies my friend Kate invited me to attend one at our church… So I DID HER A FAVOR….. (hahaha…) And actually I am very thankful that she did! Although you have the normal bible study talk which I think is normal but the peeps in there are pretty cool! I know this might come as a big shocker to most but I HAVEN’T EVEN READ THE BOOK YET!!! And I think we are like in chapter 7 of discussion.. BUT.. I will say the discussion time has been really good! And I think it seems to be encouraging not only to me but to others as well. The books about Mary Magdalage.. so I get the jist of the what they are talking about.. (I THINK) But today I was actually really encouraged. As once again.. our little life has taken another blow… just to know that Jesus has our back in it ALL.. and I mean ALL! It is encouraging and I feel like I got just a little pat on the back reminder about that today. Our bible study leader ( I actually have no idea what her name is) asked what is something that God has saved you from and how did that change you.. which lead into the discussion on how God has taken us from each “season” of life to make this “season of life” for better or worse. But knowing that HE IS THE ONE PULLING FOR ME!!! Anyways. As I was finishing saying something this one gal said. You know that verse in the bible when David says God will pull him out… (here’s the verse)
1 Samuel 17:37 “The LORD who saved me from the claws of the lion and the paw of the bear and he will save me from this GIANT!"Saul finally consented. "All right, go ahead," he said. "And may the LORD be with you!"
What a great reminder that JESUS HAS OUR BACK!!!! And HE will and is with me. Even through what may seem like a “giant”
Peace out Peeps.
0 comments:
Post a Comment