Tuesday, April 20, 2010

I am living in the shadow...

Has anyone seen the movie.. "Music and Lyrics" with Drew Barrymore and Hugh Grant. Anyways.. they are writing this song and the start of it goes.. "I am living in the shawdow's over my head" And today that song came to my mind when I was talking to Caid.

Caid was having a hard day, he actually has been having a hard week or couple of weeks. Just with his attitude, crying at the drop of that hat.. not listening to directions and just flat out disobeying.. So I know this comes with age but for Caid it kinda came a shock to me. I had a babysitter come over today so I could go run some errands.. cause had like 1500 errand and it would have taken me 1500 hrs to get it all done if I took them with me!! SO I get home and the babysitter said that basicly Caid had an attitude breakdown.. so that kinda made me mad.. So i took him in my room to have a little sit down to find out what was going on, He just started to cry and say.. Mommy.. I don't have any friends that like to play with me" Everyone wants to play with Abbie and play Abbie's games but not mine, cause Abbie is bigger"

So this kinda started to get me thinking..

I have had numerous people ask.. "what is it like to have 4 kids" like I have changed the course of history or something.. .well here's the thing.. 4 kids is a challenge all in it's own.. just as I think sometimes having two is.. One things that I think is MY biggest challenge with the kids is to make sure they are making it on their own!! and not the shawdow of someone else. This I think is a big task! We prayed when he got done talking to me.. And just talking it out with him was something that I think he just needed..

Anyways.. just something to share..

Peace out peeps..

KEEP IT REAL!! :)


2 comments:

. said...

Awww, that made me cry. I think it's easy to get caught up thinking of our kids as just that, "our kids". Kaelyn and Reese are sisters. But they are individuals too. And when they are young like Caid and Reese, they just kinda go with the flow of the big kids. I'm glad Caid was able to communicate this with you. Parenting is tough, but you do a wonderful job.

Gullett Circus said...

Sorry if my kids are the cause of Caid's sadness.

Post a Comment