Sunday, August 1, 2010

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MIGHTY TO SAVE!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay peeps this might be a long one... .

So today in church they played this song.... take a listen then read on.. it is 6 minutes.. so if you have some time.. listen to it through! EVEN if you have heard it before!!



So here's the story.. As I mentioned earlier in one of my blogs as Jesus has been teaching me alot about "REMEMBER WHERE YOU CAME FROM AND WHO BROUGHT YOU THROUGH!!! Can I just say he isn't letting up, which I am overwhelmed with thankfulness for!

Today in church they we sang this song... Talk about trying to COMPOSE myself.. I had a major FLASHBACK to my old church just a couple months ago... probably Januaryish.. In the middle of our storm and our church singing this and I BROKE DOWN!!! AND IN A MAJOR WAY! I could NOT contain myself...But what was so awesome about this breakdown that I had at that time was just the PURE PRESENCE OF JESUS ministering to me and reminding me that HE IS THE GOD WHO SAVES AND HE MOVES THE MOUNTAINS!!! The Holy Spirit was refreshing my heart as God promises OVER and OVER in His word. "HE REFRESHES THE HEARTS OF HIS SAINTS"

So today when I was sitting in church, this song came up, we were just asked to sit down after standing for some other songs, Peeps started singing and they got the the part when "He can move the mountains, He is mighty to save, mighty to save" , peeps started standing and praising Jesus.. just popping up all over the auditorium. And my heart was FLOODED.. I mean FLOODED with the memory back at South Albany Church. And after trying to compose myself I once again.. "LET THE RIVER FLOW". This storm I would say has been one of the BIGGEST blessings in my life. Although we still have some windy times still ahead, I am VERY VERY THANKFUL for these reminders that Jesus is throwing my way!

MIGHTY TO SAVE PEEPS!!! MIGHTY TO SAVE!




1 comments:

. said...

Can you believe the same song moved me this weekend? There has been so much going on at our church and it's just so hurtful and upsetting. I've heard this song before and it's one of my favorites...but these lyrics really spoke to me.

So take me as You find me
All my fears and failures
Fill my life again

I give my life to follow
Everything I believe in
Now I surrender

Especially the part about surrendering. It's so hard to always want to be in control and dictate outcomes. Hmm...maybe I should blog this. :)

Post a Comment