Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Very Thankful



Today I woke up to this fabulous sunset on my porch! It is hard to believe that even with all my kids sleeping I STILL GET UP!!! But let me add my bitterness to this.. I actually think I am awake cause my husbands ALARM goes off daily like a MILLION times before he gets out of bed!!! ANYWAYS.. no bitterness here or anything!!

Well this week I have been reminded of something that I think God is really pushing on my heart. "Remembering where you have been, and how I have pulled you through"

If you guys have followed my blog or whatever.. You know that 2009 well how can I put this.. SUCKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was a hard hard hard year for us! But the coolest thing through it all was how it made our family a UNIT! We had no other option. We either thrived or died. Seriously it sounds dramatic, but I truly felt that way! it was rough. For the first time we had to "forsake all others" and CLING to each other! It was alot harder than I thought but WOW way rewarding.

Our world was shaken,thrown and twisted upside down. So here we are almost AUGUST 2010. And how our lives have changed in 3 months! We are not really out of any hot water by any means. Still adjusting to our new "normal" as "normal" changes daily anyhow! This week God put on my heart. REMEMBER WHERE YOU HAVE BEEN!! And literally. we were in a place that was surreal. How God provided seriously how He provided for Elijah. The birds brought him EXACTLY what he needed on the DAY he needed it and from BIRDS of all places! Let me tell you!!! WE HAD OUR FAIR SHARE OF BIRDS!! Sometimes came from no where land!!! And we constantly told our selves... "Ye of little faith" cause EVERY time.. God gave us exactly what we needed! BUT when things are starting to look up.. EVEN a little. HOW QUICKLY you forget! So I was thankful for this reminder this week.. of just a little poke that said... "REMEMBER WHERE YOU HAVE BEEN AND WHO GOT YOU HERE TODAY! :)
Just thought I would share!!

peace out peeps!




1 comments:

. said...

Good stuff Kelsey. And remembering where you have been makes you appreciate what you have even more. Always make sure to use those trials you went through to honor God and His faithfullness to you. Love you!

Post a Comment