Sunday, December 19, 2010
DEFINING
You know this weekend was once again a major reality check for my life!!!!WE GOT A NEW CAR!!!! HAHAHA!!! DON’T I WISH!!!! But when you get a new windshield put in your car because it has been cracked and only was getting worse (like air was coming through) it was time to get it done…. So we had some in savings and it was definitely a need to get done thing so we did!!! Then… my car has been acting really bad like the steering wheel was shaking and everything and I had told Jon about it numerous times but you know how that goes sometimes…. So we were at our friend’s house the Gulletts the other night and I was talking to them about it. So Don and Jon go out and look at the car and really all I heard from the conversation when they came back was CHA$$ CHING$$$ CHA$$$ CHING$$$ CHA$$ CHING$$$. I knew that it was getting bad and once Jon realized that I wasn’t “just joking” I know he saw the $$$ signs too…. Soooo I had an appointment at Les Schwab set for this Saturday but then Jon said I should just cancel it and we will deal with it in January. So after we had talked with Don, Jon said that we needed to get that appointment back so I called them at 8am that morning…. (TRUE STORY) and said I made an appointment for today then I canceled it last night can you help save my marriage and give me back that appointment” So anyways… they saw us!!!! This STORY GOES ON AND ON AND ON!!!!! Until about 5pm and $600+ dollars later!!! BUT here is the great thing! We had the money!!! We don’t have any money left!!! LOL!!!! But we had the money to pay for what we needed just in time for what we needed. God’s provision in our family’s life for the end of 2009 to 2010 has been UNDESCRIBABLE!!!! To even see how these lessons have been teaching my kids is crazy… I think I may have told this story but I tell it all the time to peeps… but I am going to tell it again……. All of us were sitting in the parking lot of the Albany Library last year around November ish (I think) we had just parked to go in to the library and I really was kind of anxious about some bills we had to pay. So I just thought you know this is a good time to just take a moment and pray… we had like $630 in bills due by that Monday and had none of it…. So I just told the kids hey guys let’s just pray.... we are a little short and just need to pray that we would just trust God to help us through and give us faith in this time. And that is exactly what we did. Abbie was old enough to know get it. After we prayed we said AMEN and went on with our day. So the next morning as I was going through mail… which I had put off and off cause I didn’t want to face the reality until after my weekend was over…. My kids were at the table eating breakfast and I had sat right down next to them and started opening the mail. I opened that one piece of mail that I just KNEW was going to tell me something bad and what was in the envelope was a re-imbursement check for $686!!!!! I JUST STARTED BALLING MY EYES OUT AND MY KIDS STARTED FREAKING OUT RIGHT AWAY… Abbie asked “Is this a good cry or a bad cry? Trying to compose myself I said Abbie… LOOK at this… I showed her the check and she said…”See God provided” And I think she tells the story as much as I do sometimes! I have a more than a DOZEN of those stories….How people came around our family and the best ones where the ones that just didn’t say anything. I remember sitting at my hair dressers who is also a close friend of mine I sold her my treadmill and traded some hair services for part of it… and she was shampoo my hair and I was crying through the whole entire shampoo. And she just gave me a hug and then we went to pick a color! It makes me teary right now just thinking of where we were and where we have come….. those couple of months seemed like a freaking lifetime!!!!! And I often re-visit and re-evaluate how I don’t EVER want to be there again! It has been a lifestyle change for sure!!!! You know during those times I really don’t think there was a day that went by when I didn’t cry about something Good and Bad…. The lesson God taught me during that season was in one word would be“DEFINING”
And Thank you for blessing my 2010!!!My loyal readers you have been with me on this journey and Thank You for your prayers….helps…and most of all your friendships. You guys don’t know what it
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment