Friday, December 10, 2010

First Married Christmas Married

So as I was packing the kids back into the car tonight as we were leaving the BIG CITY JUNCTION CITY LIGHT PARADE!!! I was thinking back to my first married Christmas. I was about 3 month preggers with Abbie SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO sick with morning sickness like 24/7, we lived in the ghetto in good ol' Santa Paula...we were also sooooooooooooooooooooooo poor like most newlyweds are.... I LOVE LOVE LOVE CHRISTMAS.. I always have!!!! I was always the one that got up at 3am to wake up my parents for Christmas!!! LOVE LOVE CHRISTMAS. Christmas for Jon wasn't as important for him as for me but whatever. So being SOOOO poor!!!! We opted for a Christmas Tree instead of presents for each other. Just a note... Christmas trees in Cali.. are SUPER expensive!!! They are so much cheaper here it is INSANE!!! So anyways. I found a tree on clearance at Target for $19.99. And we had NO money for lights so we strung popcorn and made a popcorn garland and that was it for our tree that year.. I remember sitting on the couch crying/running to the bathroom to throw up back to crying!!! :) My Grandma sent us a gift card to the Olive Garden so once we got our tree up and popcorn strung and tears shed we went out for our "Christmas" dinner. We did have a good time.

So I was thinking that year at the time... I was sooo sad.. we couldn't have "THE PERFECT CHRISTMAS" but looking back now almost 10 years later I think it was my FAVORITE CHRISTMAS EVER!!!!!! And I was thinking back to this year how this year SUCKED! but looking back and seeing how this "YEAR THAT SUCKED" has brought my family to a place that I never would have imagined! This year made us a "family" We had to stick together all or none!!! Through sickness and health, rich or poor, we made it. We had each other and faith (which some days lacked...but God is FAITHFUL ALWAYS ALWAYS)   and that is what got us through!!! So we keep on going.... Life keeps going... SO DON'T MISS IT! :)

Peace out Peeps! :)

Kelsey

0 comments:

Post a Comment