Wednesday, December 15, 2010

A quote from a FRIEND

Let me tell you about my friend Ronda from High School.. I met Ronda in 1996-97 during my senior year of high school. One of my best friends at the time was Matt Scammell (And I would still consider him a best friend of mine to this day) Well when you have a guy best friend you can tend to make "friends" with some of his "friends" you know like get on the good side! Like I would have any say in it anyways!!! But Ronda was  "interested" in Matt and my other friend Kimi was interested in his brother.  SO THE CIRCLE BEGINS!!! It was rather amusing at times. Anyways. SO THAT is how I meet Ronda. Through Matt. So how should I say this.. their romance was........... FLEETING............. I think they "got to know you" longer than they dated.. which the dating part I think lasted like a week or something crazy like that... anyways... they broke up. And I actually liked Ronda and we started hanging out a lot more. Her dad was a pastor as well in the same town. And you know what that means!!!!! :) We did church stuff.....we did not so churchy stuff!! (hehehehe) So through all these years I haven't stayed super close with Ronda (Cause #1 I really suck at that) But we reconnected on facebook about 3 or 4 years ago and it is awesome to talk to her here and there about life, struggles and kids. And it's not the normal man life is crazy it is the good stuff that we email back and forth.I probably haven't seen her or talked to her via phone or anything in 10+ years.  You know it's like she is the same girl I met in High School except married with 3 kids now!! (OH and by the way She married one of Matt's Best friends!!! :) Just had to throw that in there) Anyhow she had this quote on her facebook this morning and I thought it was a good thought!
"A friendship which can cease to be was never genuine." - Saint Jerome- "Thankful for the ones I still call friends after all these years. And evaluating if I am still trying to hold onto the ones that were never genuine."
I am not good at keeping up for sure... but I am thankful for the friends I have met over the years, and how God has used each of them in different times and seasons in my life! :)  

This is kinda a random blog.... but I liked her comment today and hey it's my blog anyway!

Peace out Peeps
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment